brandonf
Silver Member
So, my clutch is slipping, so I'm going to pull the motor/trans and inspect it.. but while it's out, I figured I would do some maintenance things I couldn't get to while it was in the car. The car sat for 8 years, so I'm sure there's plenty of seals/hoses I should be replacing now that I can see them all, but I have been driving it for the past 8 months without many problems.
What I've done so far:
- Replaced spark plugs
- Replaced VVT solenoid / valve cover gasket
- Replaced several fuel hoses w/ fuel injection hose
- Replaced rear brake lines w/ autotech stainless steel lines + brake pads
- Changed coolant/oil/diff/tranny fluid (w/ cheap stuff)
- Removed + cleaned HPFP w/ e85 safe seals
- Cleaned the blowoff valve/replaced seal
- Added e85 safe filters onto DI fuel injectors
- Replaced ewg spring + cleaned it out
What I know I need to do:
- Replace PCV valve
- Clean out oil catch cans thoroughly
- Check on the water manifold, might be leaky
- Replace all fluids (proper fluids)
- Inspect/replace rear main seal
- Install new SEXY Matt Damond tranny/passenger mounts (replace the gay-bee-arr)
Anything else I should look at while the motor is out?
What I've done so far:
- Replaced spark plugs
- Replaced VVT solenoid / valve cover gasket
- Replaced several fuel hoses w/ fuel injection hose
- Replaced rear brake lines w/ autotech stainless steel lines + brake pads
- Changed coolant/oil/diff/tranny fluid (w/ cheap stuff)
- Removed + cleaned HPFP w/ e85 safe seals
- Cleaned the blowoff valve/replaced seal
- Added e85 safe filters onto DI fuel injectors
- Replaced ewg spring + cleaned it out
What I know I need to do:
- Replace PCV valve
- Clean out oil catch cans thoroughly
- Check on the water manifold, might be leaky
- Replace all fluids (proper fluids)
- Inspect/replace rear main seal
- Install new SEXY Matt Damond tranny/passenger mounts (replace the gay-bee-arr)
Anything else I should look at while the motor is out?